Sunday, October 19, 2008

Slap-up feed

I thought that I would try and find something I wanted to eat by incorporating comic lore, thus we have here what was known as a 'slap-up feed' by the denizens of the Beano.

Although there is some disagreement on what constituted said feed, some saying it is any large outlay of food, I go with the traditional sense which was limited to a large pile of mashed potato with sausages sticking out (mine are veggie naturally). Because I have such a sophisticated palate however I have added some fried onion.

This though it may not look like it was the traditional fare for treats and rewards, the greatest meal one could attain for thousands of children throughout the many years (1930s-1970s) of popularity of this most British of comics.




It was naturally dismally disappointing to eat.



Oh and no I didn't make the idea up, here's a reference : http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/sep/08/comment.tvandradioarts2

No comments: