Monday, July 14, 2008

Chap Olympics 2008

Damnation I missed The Chap Olympics again (held on July 12), and this year it was held in that place so close to my heart, Hampstead Heath.


However, and here's the good news, my nephew William (aged 11) smart chap, absolute corker in fact, was in attendance, he came up from Cornwall especially for the occasion (mother in tow), dressed to the bally nines. Does your heart proud to know that some members of the younger generation give a fig for things sartorial.
I am awaiting photographs to appear, in the meantime here are some general Flickr ones to give you an idea of the setup. And some from the Tele which show some of the sporting feats.

They had one event so I'm told - amble with a pipe - I mean this is the sort of thing that if all Englishmen had put their backs into, we wouldn't have lost the bloody Empire. I mean I'm not a pipe smoker, but I'm quite prepared to learn.

I will endeavor to make it another year. I have a tweed jacket with elbow patches and a range of waistcoats, that could pass muster, I could also get a nice trilby and grow a tache - all a bit George Cole (as in first 3 St Trinians 1954-1960). But seeing as it is a summer event, maybe I should go with a proper summer set of white flannels, plus panama.

No comments: